The most secure and fastest way to accept crypto payments (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, etc).
BitPay Payment Gateway plugin for Easy Digital Downloads
- Accept bitcoin and bitcoin cash payments from payment protocol compatible wallets
- Price in your local currency
- Get settled via Bank transfer (EUR, USD, GBP or any of the supported fiat currencies), BTC, BCH or stable coins (GUSD, USDC)
- By design, chargebacks are not possible with cryptocurrency payments
- Have an overview of all your bitcoin and bitcoin cash payments in your BitPay merchant account at https://bitpay.com/dashboard
- Refund your customers in bitcoin or bitcoin cash in your BitPay merchant dashboard at https://bitpay.com/dashboard/payments
- The customer is adding items to his shopping card and proceeds to checkout – the total amount is $100 USD.
- The customer selects BitPay as checkout method.
- A BitPay invoice is generated, the customer selects one of the supported cryptocurrency to complete the payment. The invoice will display an amount to pay in the selected cryptocurrency, at an exchange rate locked for 15 minutes.
- The customer completes the payment using a compatible wallet within the 15 min window.
- Once the transaction is fully confirmed on the blockchain, BitPay notifies the merchant and the corresponding amount is credited to the BitPay merchant account minus our 1% processing fee – thus $99 USD in this example.
- This plugin requires Easy Digital Downloads.
- A BitPay merchant account (Test and Production)
- Get started by signing up for a BitPay merchant account
- Look for the BitPay plugin via the WordPress Plugin Manager. From your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New > Search plugins and type BitPay
- Select BitPay for Easy Digital Downloads and click on Install Now and then on Activate Plugin
After the plugin is activated, BitPay will appear in the Easy Digital Downloads > Payment Gateways section.
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
- Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard:
- Login to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: Easy Digital Downloads), uncheck “Require Authentication” and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel, select Easy Digital Downloads > Payment Gateway and enable BitPay Checkout
- Click the BitPay Checkout heading to configure
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment (test.bitpay.com) and Production Token for token copied from the live environment (bitpay.com)
- Click “Save changes” at the bottom of the page
- To use BitPay Test environment, select Test Mode from the Payment Gateways section
This plugin also includes an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) endpoint that will update your Easy Digital Download order status. An order note will automatically be added with a link to the BitPay invoice (will open in a new window):
- When the customer initiates a transaction from his wallet to pay the BitPay invoice, the status of the Easy Digital Downloads order will change to Processing
- When the transaction is confirmed by BitPay, the status of the Easy Digital Downloads order will change to Completed. The order will be safe to ship, allow access to downloadable products, etc.
- If a BitPay invoice expires before the customer completed the payment, the Easy Digital Downloads order will change to Cancelled.
- If you refund a BitPay invoice from your BitPay merchant dashboard, the Easy Digital Downloads order will change to Refunded once the refund is processed by BitPay.
- How do I pay a BitPay invoice?
You can pay a BitPay invoice with one of the compatible wallets. You can either scan the QR code, click on the “open in wallet” button or copy/paste the payment URL via a compatible wallet.
More information about paying a BitPay invoice can be found here.
- Does BitPay have a test environment?
Yes, you can create an account on BitPay’s sandbox environment to process payments on testnet. You will also need to setup a wallet on testnet to make test transactions. More information about the test environment can be found here.
- The BitPay plugin does not work
If BitPay invoices are not created, please check the following:
- The minimum invoice amount is $1 USD. Please make sure you are trying to create a BitPay invoice for $1 USD or more (or your currency equivalent).
- Check your current approved processing limits in your BitPay merchant account
- I need support from BitPay
When contacting BitPay support, please describe your issue and attach screenshots
You can contact our support team via the following form https://bitpay.com/request-help/wizard
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BitPay Checkout for Easy Digital Downloads” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BitPay Checkout for Easy Digital Downloads” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed issue where IPN updates may not process correctly
- Fixed issue where updates might not appear correctly
- Changed speed setting so users can defined in BitPay dashboard
- IPN update
- Bug squashing
- Updated to check for server requirements. To verify, deactivate then reactivate the plugin (your settings will be saved)