Breaking Bar is a simple plugin which monitors any chosen category for posts. If there are posts in that category,
the plugin displays (via the [breaking-bar] shortcode) a prominent bar with the latest post from that category.
If there are no posts in the chosen category, Breaking Bar stays hidden. Once the shortcode is in place, this allows
editors and authors to add posts to the Breaking Bar simply by properly categorizing the post.
Current options include:
- Category selection
- A text field for a custom label, (e.g. “Breaking” or “Latest”)
- Color options for background, label(text) and link
To install this plugin:
- Upload the
breaking-bardirectory to you plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the [breaking-bar] shortcode where you want the Breaking Bar to show
- How do I get the Breaking Bar to show up on my site?
Be sure the plugin is loaded and activated. In the plugin’s settings, be sure to select the desired category for
Breaking Bar to monitor for posts. Also make sure at least one post has that category assigned to it. Place the
[breaking-bar] shortcode wherever you want the Breaking Bar to appear.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Breaking Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release