The BuddyPress Extended Profile add-on lacks support for Image type fields. The BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin allows you to add fields of type Image to user profile screens without having to write any additional code.
The images are stored by default into the /wp-content/uploads/profiles/[USER_ID] directory, where [USER_ID] is the ID of logged in user. You can override this default by hooking into the bpxp_image_field_upload_dir filter.
The BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field plugin has a number of additional hooks that allow theme and plugin writers to modify its behavior.
This plugin requires BuddyPress version 1.5 and has been tested up to BuddyPress version 10.6.0
- English – default
- Spanish translation by Andrew Kurtis – WebHostingHub
/wp-content/plugins/directory or use the automatic installation in the WordPress plugin panel.
- Activate the plugin through the WordPress ‘Plugins’ menu
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress XProfile Custom Image Field” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated the field edit rendering to use
legend> in place of . Issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-to-properly-show-field-name-in-tags-on-frontend-and-admin-forms/
- Added the ability to display images in the user activation admin screen
- Added the ability to display image links on Manage Signups screen. Issue: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/registration-upload-picture-make-fake-path-and-not-displayed-on-profil-user/#post-12572599
- Added the ability to delete an image from the server when it is removed from the user profile
- Updated plugin description
- Fixed a bug that was blocking image display on the member list page
- Added ability to upload images on admin backend profile edit
- Added support for BuddyPress 2.3.3
- Added support for saving profile images during user sign-up
- Minor bug fix
- Added Spanish translation
- Added language l10n support
- Added support for BuddyPress 2.0.1
- Added capability to delete an image
- Add front end image display
- fixed to prevent crashing the profile edit page on sites not using BuddyPress Default Theme
- Initial release