This very simple plugin generates a Bitly shortlink and saves it to your WordPress database.
It does this via two different methods:
- Publish a page or post for the first time
- Click the generate all button
How do I get a Bitly API token?
You’ll need to register for an account with Bitly. Once you’ve got one, take a look at this guide on getting your API token.
Where do I enter my Bitly API token?
Login to the WordPress Dashboard, Settings, then Reading. Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see “DanP Bitly URLs: API Token”. Enter your token and click save.
How do I generate a new Bitly short URL?
- Publish a new post or page for the first time
- Login to the WordPress Dashboard, Settings, then Reading. Scroll to the bottom and you’ll see “DanP Bitly URLs: API Token”. Click the “Update all short URLs” button.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“DanP Bitly URLs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “DanP Bitly URLs” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- This is the first version!
- API token is now checked for validity on saving that option
- Shortcode to output Bitly shortened URL introduced