This plugin remove extra p and br tags from the_content, the_excerpt and widget_text_content.
To install “empty p tag” using the built-in plugin installer:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New. 2. Type in "empty p tag" in Search Plugins box or click a tag link below the screen. 3. find the "empty p tag Plugin" in the list. 4. Click Install Now to install the WordPress Plugin.
To install empty p tag manually:
- Download your WordPress Plugin to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the “empty p tag Plugin” in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
How do Plugin turn off automatic p, br for a post?
After plugin activation, WordPress will no longer attempt to add
<br>tags to your posts (so you’ll be responsible for adding these yourself).
I upgraded the plugin and it lost my default settings!
No, it didn’t. Disable and re-enable the plugin and the setting should be updated to the new setting.
Contributors & Developers
“Empty P Tag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Second released
- Added ‘preg_replace’ function to remove Empty tag