This allows you to easily add inline “footnotes” to your content. In places where you place the shortcode will appear a little number that is clickable to see the footnote content.
[footnote]This is my footnote.[/footnote]
inline-footnotesfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[footnote] ... [/footnote]shortcodes in your content.
- Where can I get support?
On my website: gavinr.com/wordpress-plugins
- What settings can I choose?
- Background Color
- Text Color
- Text Popup Background Color
- Text Popup Text Color
- Show Footnote on Hover
- I’m using this plugin to make money! How can I thank Gavin for creating this for me?
Value-for-value donations are welcome at gavinr.com/donate. Thanks!
- What shortcode settings are there?
Right now the shortcode settings are:
title– this is what will display in the box inline of your content (instead of “1, 2, 3, etc” wich happens by default if this is not included). Example:
[footnote title="..."]This is a footnote![/footnote]. Note that you can use this to reset the numbers too, if you set title to a number like
symbol_background_color– set the background color of the inline “symbol” that shows up.
symbol_text_color– set the text color of the inline “symbol” that shows up.
background_color– set the background color of a single footnote.
text_color– set the text color of a single footnote.
All the colors above take HTML Color Names or HEX codes (include the # sign).
- Is this compatible with the Gutenberg Editor?
Yes it is. Just use your shortcodes inline the paragraph block just as you always have.
Contributors & Developers
“Inline Footnotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Additional shortcode options “text_color”, “symbol_text_color”, and “symbol_background_color”
- Works with Gutenberg and tested with version 5.
- New “Hover” option
- Compressed JS and CSS files
- Fixes mobile issues by showing the footnote content in the center of the screen when on mobile.
background_colorattribute in the footnote tag.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.9
- New “title” shortcode attribute to allow you to show different text in the inline footnote. See the forums for more info.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.5
- Fixed CSS issues
- HTML links within footnotes now work
- Initial Version