Easily Insert Header and Footer Code
Insert Headers and Footers is a simple plugin that lets you insert code like Google Analytics, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel, and more to your WordPress site header and footer. No need to edit your theme files!
The simple interface of the Insert Headers and Footers plugin gives you one place where you can insert scripts, rather than dealing with dozens of different plugins.
Features of Insert Headers and Footers
- Quick to set up
- Simple to insert scripts
- Insert header code and/or footer code
- Add Google Analytics code to any theme
- Add custom CSS across themes
- Insert Facebook pixel code
If you find this plugin useful to insert header and footer scripts, please leave a good rating and consider checking out our other projects:
- OptinMonster – Get More Email Subscribers
- WPForms – Best Contact Form Builder Plugin
- MonsterInsights – Best Google Analytics Plugin
To learn more about WordPress, you can also visit WPBeginner for tutorials on topics like:
…and many more WordPress tutorials.
Insert Headers and Footers is the easiest way to insert code in your WordPress headers and footers.
I feel that we have done that here. I hope find Insert Headers and Footers useful to insert scripts on your site.
- Install Insert Headers and Footers by uploading the
insert-headers-and-footersdirectory to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. (See instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin.)
- Activate Insert Headers and Footers through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress.
- Insert code in your header or footer by going to the
Settings > Insert Headers and Footersmenu.
Yes, you can insert your Google Analytics code in the
Scripts in Headerfield.
Yes, to verify your account or to tag your page for Auto ads, paste the code AdSense gives you, into the Scripts in Header field.
You can use one of the three available boolean filters: disable_ihaf, disable_ihaf_footer, disable_ihaf_header, disable_ihaf_body and return true value in order to disable printing either on the entire page or specifically in the header or footer of a given page.
Contributors & Developers
“Insert Headers and Footers by WPBeginner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Insert Headers and Footers by WPBeginner” has been translated into 23 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fix: Only show settings CTA to users able to visit the settings page.
- Enhancement: Improve settings page user experience on heavily customized WordPress installs.
- New: Code editors now use CodeMirror for syntax highlighting.
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 5.4.2
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 5.3.2
- Add support for printing scripts right after the opening body tag using the
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 5.2
- Updated text-domain standards and in plugin header
- Update FAQs
- Introduce three new filters: disable_ihaf, disable_ihaf_footer, disable_ihaf_header
- Code cleanups
- Fixes for users running PHP version less than 5.5
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.2
- cleaned up code
- Tested with WordPress 4.3
- Fix: plugin_dir_path() and plugin_dir_url() used for Multisite / symlink support
- Fix: Dashboard widget logo URL when RSS feed cannot be loaded
- Fix: WordPress 4.0 support
- Added: POT language file
- Improved settings UI for WordPress 3.8+
- Bumped minimum version requirement
- fixed readme file
- cleaned up code
- fixed unnecessary CSS loading
- Initial version