When you just want to focus on what you’re writing, the default WordPress editor can feel cluttered, with distractions surrounding your content.
Minimalist Editor turns your post editor into a digital typewriter, with nothing else left on the screen than what you’re writing.
Inspired by editors such as WriteRoom.
Works by installing the plugin and activating Distraction Free Writing mode.
- Typewriter style post editor
- Light and dark mode
- Sans serif typeface option
- Upload the Minimalist Editor plugin folder to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory, or search for it under Plugins -> Add new in you WordPress backend.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Activate the Distraction Free Writing Mode in the WordPress new post page.
- Find additional options under Appearance -> Minimalist Editor
Contributors & Developers
“Minimalist editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Minimalist editor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added dark mode screenshot
- Hello world!