You can use this plugin to get the number of shares for a given post by ID.
How to use
To count for example how many times the post or page has been shared on Facebook use the function echo pssc_facebook() in the loop or echo pssc_facebook( $post_id ) anywhere. This function will return the count integer for example 5 or 0.
Or you can use the shortcode [pssc_facebook] in the post you want to count shares for or [pssc_facebook post_id=””] for a specific post by ID.
Note that PHP functions needs to be echoed.
- Version 1.4.1: Removed Twitter functions due Twitter’s disabling their count API.
- Version 1.4.0: Fixed some bugs and added Posts Social Shares Count to edit posts/pages/custom post types list view in admin (edit.php).
- Version 1.3.1: Fixed a bug with caching.
- Version 1.3: Added caching support and Added total shares count to post edit page.
- Version 1.2: Fixed a bug with functions without post ID usage.
- Version 1.1: Fixed a bug with pssc_all shortcode
- Go to your admin area and select Plugins -> Add new from the menu.
- Search for \”Posts Social Shares Count\”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
Contributors & Developers
“Posts Social Shares Count” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Posts Social Shares Count” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bug fixes
- Disabled Twitter functions because Twitter has disabled their count API. See this blog post
- Added Posts Social Shares Count to edit posts/pages/custom post types list view in admin (edit.php).
- Fixed PHP notices that displayed randomly.
- Fixed Issue for users with PHP safe_mode or open_basedir set on.
- Fixed Issue with Pinterest count to always 0.
- Fixed a bug with caching
- Added Caching support
- Improved performance
- Added total shares count to post edit page
- Fixed a bug with functions without post ID usage.
- Fixed a bug with [pssc_all] shortcode
- Initial Plugin Release