Simple YouTube Embed plugin is the easiest way to embed YouTube videos in WordPress. This plugin extends the default YouTube embed with advanced player parameters.
Simple YouTube Embed is easy to use because there is no setting to configure. It uses the oEmbed API so your videos will be responsive and provide all the benefits that core WordPress YouTube embed has to offer. YouTube videos on your website will continue to work even if you choose to deactivate the plugin.
- Pretty YouTube video embed.
- Responsive and mobile friendly.
- No setting to configure. Install, activate and start using it.
- No YouTube API key needed.
- Automatically play a video.
- Enable/Disable display of suggested videos when the video finishes.
- Enable/Disable player controls.
- Enable/Disable video information.
- Enable/Disable fullscreen.
Simple YouTube Embed Usage
Create a new post/page and add a YouTube block. Copy and paste the YouTube video URL into it. For example:
YouTube Video Autoplay
In order to automatically play a video you can add “autoplay=1” to your YouTube URL.
Related YouTube Videos
In order to disable related videos from showing you can add “rel=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Controls
If you do not want to show player controls you can add “controls=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Fullscreen
If you do not want to allow fullscreen option in the player you can add “fs=0” to your YouTube URL.
For documentation please visit the Simple YouTube Embed plugin page
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (simple-youtube-embed.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Can I use this plugin to embed YouTube videos with High Quality Thumbnails?
Is this plugin responsive?
Can I use this plugin on YouTube app?
Can I access YouTube studio with this plugin?
Can I connect this plugin to my YouTube channel?
Can I open YouTube with this plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“Simple YouTube Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WordPress 5.7 compatibility update.
- Added native lazy loading support for YouTube videos.
- Some improvements to make it compatible with the block based editor.
- A preview of the YouTube video is now shown in the visual editor instead of a blank background.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Updated all the permalinks
- Added an option to prevent video information from displaying in the YouTube player
- Added an option to prevent fullscreen button from displaying in the YouTube player
- Updated the translation files so the plugin can take advantage of language packs
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.3
- Fixed “black bars” that would show up on the sides of the video and thumbnail
- If high definition is not available for a video it will embed with a low quality thumbnail
- Added an option to disable related videos
- Added an option to disable player controls
- First commit