This plugin allows you to Register and log-in to a WordPress website using a web3 cryptocurrency wallet. The plugin authenticates the user and checks the ownership of their crypto wallet. The plugin creates a regular WordPress user account, so existing plugins and customizations will continue to work as intended.
The Web3 login plugin supports both hot wallets and cold wallets. Users can use hot wallets like MetaMask, WalletConnect, Edge, Electrum, Coinbase, Trust, Robinhood, Binance, Mycelium, AtomicDEX, Jaxx, Samourai, Huobi, Luno, ZenGo, Crypto.com, Bitcoin IRA, and Exodus for website login. Popular cold wallets like Ledger Nano S, Ledger Nano X, Trezor, KeepKey, CoolWallet Pro, Safepal S1, Keystone Pro, and Ellipal Titan can also be used for login.
In the premium version, once the user is authenticated and logged in with their cryptocurrency wallet, the contents of their wallets like cryptocurrencies or NFT collections can be used to give access to gated content on the website. The plugin works flawlessly with websites having token gated content.
BY DEFAULT, A LOGIN BUTTON WILL BE ADDED ON YOUR WORDPRESS LOGIN SCREEN.
- User Verification is done by signing and verifying/ validating the signature before user login.
- Web3 login button on a WordPress Login Form.
- Own your own data, and login through a crypto wallet, no email, no password, or other details are required.
- Shortcode for Web3 Authentication Button
- Shortcode for NFT gated content
- WordPress Page and content restriction based on NFTs owned by user wallet
- WordPress Role Mapping based on NFTs owned by the user
- Option to disconnect WordPress site from wallet
Use Cases of NFTs
- NFT-based login: Use one of a variety of crypto wallets like Ethereum, Polygon (Matic), Optimism, BOBA Network, Gnosis Chain (xDai), Fantom Opera, Binance Smart Chain to log into your website or browse content on WordPress.
- Sensitive documentation: Ownership of NFTs can allow you to access secure and sensitive information within an organization.
- Training programs: Companies can provide their employees with training material based on their position within the organization.
- Restrict access: You can even choose to restrict users that hold certain NFTs from gaining access to pages, images, videos, or documents that you don’t want them to see.
- NFT gated content: Some content on the website is restricted and only users who have specified NFT collection in their cryptocurrency wallets can access the restricted content.
- Smart contracts: Users can interact with smart contracts, which are programs stored on a blockchain, by submitting NFT transactions that execute a function based on predetermined conditions.
miniOrange Web3 login plugin does not store anything other than the wallet address, on your server.
Feel free to reach out to us. Send an email at email@example.com for any inquiries.
This section describes how to install the WEB3 authentication plugin.
From your WordPress dashboard
Plugins > Add New
- Search for
WEB3 authentication plugin. Find and Install the
WEB3 authentication pluginplugin by miniOrange
- Activate the plugin
- Download the WEB3 authentication plugin.
- Unzip and upload the
WEB3 authentication plugindirectory to your
- Activate the WEB3 authentication plugin from your Plugins page.
Why should I use Web 3 Login Plugin?
Our plugin utilizes the most reliable yet most secure Blockchain Technology to secure your data. Take full advantage of our blockchain-based security which is a protocol that is virtually impossible to break. Your information will always remain safe and secure.
How does Web3 Login Plugin work?
*The outline is described in this TopTal post by Amaury Martiny.
*We have used databased nonces which are refreshed every time they are used and append the user IP or Wallet Address to the login message to prevent replays from elsewhere.
How do I Login through metamask?
- Install the metamask extension in your browser.
- Install the our WEB3 login plugin. Read the “Installation”.
- A Login Button will be added in the WordPress Login window, where users can log in through the wallet public address.
What is signature verification
When a user submits a signature, it needs to be verified on the server-side.
We use libraries like Keccak, and Elliptic to verify the signature using the stored nonce in the database on the backend side.
Are my crypto assets safe?
Yes. A wallet (e.g. MetaMask) does/should not leak your private keys out into the wild, that would be madness and we also don’t have access to your private keys.
Contributors & Developers
“WEB3 authentication | Web3 Login with crypto wallet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Test option to check NFTs held by wallet
- Licensing Plan
- UI improvement
- Readme updated
- Compatibility with WordPress 6.0.0
- Readme updated
- Added support to change text of web3 login button
- Added test functionality for web3 connectivity
- Improved UI of the plugin
- Added support for crypto wallets
- Added feedback form
- Readme Update
- First release of the plugin
- Compatibility with WordPress 5.9